Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Adding workflow to existing content type will fail the document information panel


Error message:
Document Information Panel cannot open a new form.
The form contains schema validation errors.
Element '{d70e05fb-2118-4d69-9018-72f43e843989}Incident_x0020_Notification_x0020_Workflow' is unexpected according to content model of parent element 'documentManagement'.



Description:
When I create a document library and add a new content type with a document information panel and I open the attached template to create a new document there is no issue.
I want to create a workflow for this library and when I open the document after I publish the workflow I receive an error.

Solution:
- Go to the Library Settings;
- Select your content type that gives the error
- click on Advanced Settings
- Edit your template


- Word will open the document 
- Click on File and Check for Issues

- Remove the Custom XML Data
- Close Word and save the template back to SharePoint

The problem should be resolved now.


1 comment: